A Global Reset: Cyber Security Predictions 2021
For most of us, 2020 was one of the most challenging years in recent memory. We struggled to deal with big changes in our personal lives and were forced to overcome various obstacles in our professional lives.
Now that the year is coming to a close, we looked back at the past 12 months and identified several new and evolving cyber security trends that will likely persist as we move into 2021. We discuss these trends in detail in our report, A Global Change: Cyber Security Predictions 2021. Read it today to learn about:
- Remote work and other impacts of COVID-19: The global pandemic has forced us all to change the way we work, and has introduced new threats as we race towards development and distribution of a vaccine.
- The persistence and growth of ransomware: Ransomware attacks are more intricate and devastating than ever before, with ransom demands upwards of a million dollars—and it’s only going to get worse.
- Espionage as an ongoing driver of nation-state activity: Major players such as China and Russia will continue to carry out operations primarily for espionage, but we expect to see activity from other nations as well.
- Cloud security taking the limelight: Organizations that have made massive migrations to the cloud will need to focus on cloud security, and also understand the relationships with their cloud providers.
- Security validation to keep defenses and budgets in check: With the rapid change in how we work, organizations will rely on security validation to optimize security and reduce spend.
This report would not be possible with out some of the brightest minds here at FireEye and Mandiant, including Sandra Joyce, EVP of Mandiant Threat Intelligence; Major General Earl Matthews, VP of Strategy; Dave Baumgartner, CIO; Martin Holste, CTO for Cloud; and John Hultquist, Senior Director of Intelligence Analysis.
Read the report, A Global Reset: Cyber Security Predictions 2021, right now, and also check out the latest episode of our quarterly show, FireEye Chat, where Sandra and John look back at some predictions from last year and discuss how they panned out.
For even more, hear what’s top of mind for Sandra and General Matthews in 2021. For a more in-depth conversation, watch the discussion that Dave recently led with General Matthews, Martin and John. Finally, don’t miss our webinar on Dec. 7, where our experts will go deeper into topics from the report.
This post was first first published on
‘s website by Adam Greenberg. You can view it by clicking here