Just 26% of Organizations are Ready to Handle IT Risks, Reveals Netwrix Survey
The report is based on a survey of 723 respondents from organizations operating in various industries around the globe. The feedback was collected between March 15 and April 15, 2017. The report summarizes experiences, perceptions and plans the organizations have in regard to their IT risk strategy.
The survey’s key findings are:
- The majority of organizations (89%) use only basic IT security solutions.
- 65% of organizations do not have dedicated personnel responsible for cyber security. 56% of organizations subject to compliance delegate this task to their IT operations teams.
- 66% of organizations perceive employees as the biggest threat to system availability and security, but only 36% of organizations say they are fully aware of employees’ actions.
- 65% of respondents admitted to having security incidents in 2016; the most common reasons cited were malware and human errors.
- 74% of organizations acknowledge they are not well prepared to beat IT risks, with the main obstacles being lack of budget (57%) and lack of time (54%).
“Organizations understand very well the need to focus significant effort on protecting the smooth operation of their businesses. While they see their own users as the main threat, they haven’t yet gained visibility into user activity in business critical systems and manipulations of sensitive data. The Netwrix 2017 IT Risks Report reveals that improvement in these areas is first on their agenda,” said Michael Fimin, CEO and co-founder of Netwrix. “Organizations that already have visibility into user activity and IT changes report that it greatly benefits their security initiatives and enables them to avoid issues such as data breaches, system unavailability and audit failures.“